Saturday, May 28, 2011

Me ‘n M’Shadow

That was fun, standing out in the blazing Honolulu early-summer noonday sun feeling the top of my head getting sunburned and hot.
But it was worth it, because I got to take a picture of my minimum shadow at 12:28 p.m. – Lahaina Noon, y’know – when for the first time this year, the sun was directly overhead.

It only happens twice in 2011, the next is July 15 on Oahu (you’ll have to check the Neighbor Island schedule yourselves).
See how my feet are in the middle of the shadow?
And no, I don’t have a beach ball on my head. That’s my stomach that’s protruding out in front and my big ol’ butt hanging out the rear.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What makes those white spots?

Craig Miyamoto said...

Those spots are inside the circles made by my thumbs and forefingers as I'm holding the camera, Nancy.

~ Craig

casch said...

I can't stop laughing!! At first I thought you were taking a picture of a happy face, then realized what it was! Your description cracked me up!