Friday, May 20, 2011

Bye Bye World?

What are you doing tomorrow? It’s Saturday. Going swimming? Going on a picnic? Going to a movie? Going out to dinner?

If you were to believe Harold Camping, an Oakland, California, preacher, you’d better be making your peace with your maker instead. At 6 p.m. Saturday, May 21, Camping believes the Rapture will occur – with a miniscule 2% of the world’s population making it past the Pearly Gates.
The rest of us are doomed to a fiery appointment ‘way down deep in the fires of Hell.
I don’t know about you, but I’m packing lots of hot-weather clothes tomorrow morning, just in case. Hmmm, I wonder if Mr. Camping thinks he’s going to Heaven. And, when he says 6 p.m., is that Eastern time? I’m on Hawaii time myself. So … is that 12 noon for me?
I’d better hurry.

No comments: