Whenever the wife and I have to choose something as a couple, I always defer to the wife, albeit sneakily (because I have to avoid all appearance of being condescending).
- Me: "Wow! Look at those cakes!"
- Wife: "Amazing! Which one do you like?"
- Me: "This one, and this one, and this one. Which do you like?"
- Wife: "I like these two of yours, and this other one. Let's get one."
- Me: "All right! Which one?"
- Wife: "Which one do you want?"
- Me: "Whichever one YOU want!"
- Wife: "This one."
- Me: "Great choice!"
See? It took a couple of years, but I finally figured it out: A happy wife is a happy life.