Sunday, May 15, 2011

Loco Moco Lunch

The wife and I had an extended visit to Kuakini Hospital's MRI Center because of a little mix-up, re, her insurance policy. It was taken care of and although her MRI was expedited, we left the hospital about an hour and a half later than we'd anticipated.

As a result, our planned breakfast turned into a lunch.

But as it turned out, that was okay. We went to Ruby Tuesday at Ala Moana Center instead of one of our usual favorite breakfast haunts. The wife had one her favorite lunches - their salad bar and mini-burger combinations.

I on the other hand, had their loco moco for the first time. Our waiter said it would be pretty good, and he wasn't kidding. The rice was perfectly semi-sticky the way I like it, the burger patty was thick and juicy and cooked to a perfect medium, the gravy was dark and flavorsome, and the eggs were nicely cooked over-easy with lots of yolk oozing out when the yolk sacs were broken.

The waiter had recommended adding the crispy onion fries for an extra buck, and I have to admit, they were terrific!

So ... anyway ... that was my lunch experience. I just wanted to share it with you today.

No comments: