Monday, December 6, 2010

Vintage Collectibles & Hawaiiana Show

The wife and I took in the Wiki Wiki One-Day collectibles show at the Neal Blaisdell Center yesterday, just to wander around and spend a couple of hours on a Sunday morning meeting up with and talking to hobby friends.
I’ve always wondered if I should set up at this particular show, but after seeing it for the first time, it just wouldn’t work for me. It’s really not my audience, and I need more room for customers to come into my booth and plant themselves so they can browse through the stamps and covers that I have for sale.
Nonetheless, it was good to see people I haven’t seen in months and to chit-chat about what we all were doing. Y’know … catching up.
As usual, I brought my camera along and took some pictures to share with you:
Antique Curios

Jade Bracelets

Jewelry

Dinnerware Sets

German Christmas Ornaments
It was a good Sunday!

4 comments:

R. said...

I LOVE the giant owl in the upper left of your jewelry photo. I would have snapped that baby up in a heartbeat! :)

Beverly said...

Are those real Jade bracelets or fakes? I have a real one I bought in China. You can see light through real ones and many fakes will contain air bubbles, rather than the veining that is common in authentic jade.

Craig Miyamoto said...

Bev, those are real. They were priced around $300 to $500 apiece.

casch said...

I love shows like this!