Friday, December 17, 2010

Kahala Mall Santa


When the wife and I were at Kahala Mall, I moseyed over to Santa’s Candyland to get an eyeful (and hopefully not an EARful) of the kids sitting on Santa’s lap and reading from their list of Christmas wishes.
I must say that Santa was quite patient this year. Kudos to the Kahala Mall management for their selection of St. Nick. I’m sure the last thing they want is the stereotypical tipsy guy that we see in movie comedies. No, that just wouldn’t do.
While I was there, a bunch of kids (probably from a school class) was gathered around him, all speaking at once. And patient guy that he is, the big guy didn’t lose his cool, but listened to each and every one of them. He did let out a sigh of relief when they were finally ushered out of his den.
One thing I’ve noticed is that the camera crew has everything down to a science, made all the easier because of modern electronics. Not like when we took our kids to see Santa back in the old days. No more reloading of film or replacing of flashbulbs. No bulky cameras either.
Thankfully, there were no frightened children when I was there, screaming at the top of their lungs!
Ahh, the joys of Christmas.

2 comments:

R. said...

Fun! Did you hear what they wanted?

Craig Miyamoto said...

Alas, no. I was too busy trying not to be intrusive, and I wasn't close enough. Some of the parents were giving me a weird eye, probably wondering why a stranger was taking pictures of their child with Santa.