Friday, December 3, 2010

Green Tea Kit Kat

 “Have a break, have a Kit Kat!”
Since 1957, that’s been the marketing slogan for Kit Kat candy outside of the United States. It’s always printed on the product.
Check out the picture. That’s a box of Kit Kat’s new green tea confection (Macha Kit Kat). Each box contains two foil-wrapped packages of the wafer-filled candy/cookie, and aside from a slight green tea flavor – rather than the chocolate we’re all so familiar with – it tastes just like a Kit Kat. Sweet stuff. It was great with hot tea.
I just had to see if there was anything I could find about it on the Web. They are available only in Japan stores, but you can get them on the 'Net at eCrater (http://www.ecrater.com/p/9691735/japan-nestle-green-tea-kit). But be advised, the shipping costs twice as much as the candy itself, because in this case, it’s shipped from Taiwan.
My nephew’s mother-in-law sent the little box as a gift, using my sister as a courier.
How sweet of her.

2 comments:

R. said...

Fun! I'll keep at eye out at Asian groceries just in case they have some. I'm intrigued. :)

casch said...

What an unusual and sweet gift!