Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Christmas Gift Wish

The wife asked me this morning what I wanted for Christmas. We go through this every year in early December – she asks me, and then later, I ask her.
But I was ready for her this time.
“What do you want for Christmas this year?” she asked.
“Oh, I dunno. Maybe a new wallet, maybe a new polo shirt … or maybe something like … this:”

“That’s pretty nice! How much is it?”
“Three hundred and fifty.”
“Three hundred and fifty? Isn’t that pretty expensive for a model?”
“Umm … it’s not a model. And it’s a flying car that was designed by MIT graduates. It can go 115 mph in the air, and faster than 65 on the roads.”
“Really,” she said, in deep thought, “All that for three hundred and fifty dollars?”
“Umm … no, it’s three hundred and fifty thousand dollars, plus whatever it costs to ship it. It weighs 970 pounds.”
“I see. So … what do you want for Christmas this year?”

3 comments:

R. said...

Haw! Maybe you should try Santa next?

Sylvia said...

My husband would have so wanted one of these!!!

casch said...

I like Diana, she doesn't let you rattle her easily!