Thursday, December 30, 2010

Second Chance Night

In 2007, the Fresno Grizzlies – the Triple-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants that plays at Chukchansi Park – had quite a promotion, one that I could have taken advantage of if the timing had been better.
Any fan bringing a traffic ticket to the box office during the April 20, 2007 game and swore a solemn oath never to get another ticket got into the game free. They called it “Second Chance Night.” Another privileged class of people got in free – Probation officers.
Famous arrestees’ pictures were flashed on the video screen throughout the game, and losers of the between-inning games had to twiddle their thumbs in holding cells while they waited for a second chance to participate and possibly win.
I wish this had happened a year ago when I got my speeding ticket driving from San Jose to San Francisco on the 280 Freeway.
Sure could have used a second chance that time.
I just lurve minor league baseball promotions!

No comments: