Monday, May 20, 2013

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Spider in the bathtub, toodle oodle ay. Okay, okay, please forgive my taking terrible license on the song, "Singing in the Bathtub."

But hey! Have you ever been surprised by one of these critters sliding around in the bathtub as you're about to step in for a relaxing shower?

I found this little bugger in the bathtub shower one evening while in San Jose, and let me tell you, it was quite the surprise. Luckily, I wasn't actually stepping into the tub or I might have knee-jerked and hurt myself.

It was probably a harmless spider, but who wants to take a chance anyway? So I picked it up with a piece of toilet paper and dropped it in the toilet, watching it swim around for a little bit (why do we get a perverse pleasure out of doing that?) before flushing it down.

Notice how I had the presence of mind to take a picture first? What's with that anyway?

No comments: