Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chevy Cruze Rental


It's a given that when one goes on an extended trip and becomes what's known as a "FIT" (Free and Independent Traveler), that one should rent a car to get around. Let's face it, it's the most convenient way to get around, unless one wants to spend a lot of hard-earned cash on taxi fare.

I always try to rent from Hertz. They're not the cheapest, but they do preassign cars (usually brand new low-mileage ones) and even sent me a text message telling me what stall my car is in, and what kind it is.

I've had everything from Golfs to Rav4s to HHRs to Nissan Zs to Fiats and on my latest trip ... a Chevy Cruze. The beauty of the thing is that I get to test-drive these cars while going where I need to go anyway.

As for the Cruze, it's a comfortable car, except for getting in and out. I could just slide in butt-first, barely grazing the top of my head as I got in. So in that respect, it just passes. Acceleration is good, and Hertz did have an X-radio (The X) installed so I got to listen to '50s and '60s music everywhere I went.

The Cruze feels solid and heavy, but it's not really. It feels secure. Plus it feels big on the inside (once I got in with my head intact), so I put it on my list of cars to consider when I'm ready to buy a new one.

No comments: