Thursday, May 30, 2013

Backyard Critters

My son has a small backyard area at his San Jose home, most of it is tiled over, but there are quite a number of plants alongside the adjacent walls.

One of the things I like to do is wander around, peering at the plants, trying to find little bitty wildlife (mostly insects) that are crawling around the branches, flowers and leaves. It sometimes means turning the leaves over, but more likely than not, all it takes is a sharp eye.

I'm sure I've missed a whole bunch of critters; you gotta be in the right place at the right time. But I photographed quite a few on my last visit to San Jose;

Asian Ladybug Beetle, Male, No Spots
 
Asian Ladybug Beetle, Pupa
 
Blister Beetle
 
Crane Fly
 
Honey Bee
 
Another Honey Bee
And of course, as always, there are a few that I can't specifically identify, despite all my best efforts. Anybody out there know exactly what they are? Help!

Unknown Snail
 
Unknown Fly
 
Another Unknown Insect

No comments: