Friday, May 24, 2013

Favorite Neighborhood Farmers Market Closed


What an awful surprise it was when last we visited San Jose. The Blossom Hill Farmer's Market, which I'd featured in a blog entry last year, has closed.

And here I'd been planning to go there on the first Sunday of our visit. Good plans, 'cept when I found out they had been forced out by the shopping center because of complaints by a couple of the commercial tenants that the market was hogging all the parking spaces.

Seems kind of petty and short-sighted to me, after all, the market brought in a lot of people to the area, most of which I'm sure hung around a bit afterwards to patronize the shops and restaurants.

I was told that the market closed in October, a month or so after our last visit, and that despite a meager temporary relocation to another area in the center, closed completely. The booth holders scattered to other farmer's markets, none of which is as convenient to the wife and me as the Blossom Hill one was.

Rats, oh rats.

No comments: