Thursday, September 20, 2012

Brussels Sprouts on a Stalk

Have you seen these in your local supermarket? Brussels sprouts on a stalk.

The first time I came across something like this was this past April in San Jose at Trader Joe's. We weren't in the mood to make Brussels sprouts because we were leaving for home the next day, so we didn't partake.

Just the other day, the wife and I were shopping for dinner makings at Raley's Market in Los Gatos when I spotted these. The stalks weren't quite as full and the sprouts weren't as large as the ones we saw at Trader Joe's, so we passed again.

One of these days, it's going to be the right time and the stalks are going to look irresistable, and I'm going to dig out my wallet and pop for a stalkful or two.

I like Brussels sprouts and have a good recipe in my Kitchen Craig blog. You should check it out.

No comments: