Saturday, September 15, 2012

Another Mini Winner!

The last time you heard that I'd rented a car on a trip, it was a Volkswagen Golf in Las Vegas.

That was a pretty good car that I enjoyed driving; it was small, it was easy to drive, it had good pick-up, and it was ... red (easy to find in a parking lot).
 
On my current trip to San Jose, what should Hertz assign me but a teeny little car reminiscent of the "Smart Cars" you've heard tell about.
 
It's a 101-horsepower Fiat 500! Hey, I like this car too. It's very responsive and has a lot of power for such a small car. It's probably because it's so small that the low-horsepower engine has no problem getting it going on the freeway.
 
The interior is not bad either, lots of electronic gizmos that keep one abreast of how the car is doing. The sound system is spectacular, and roominess is definitely not a problem. Heck, this is another car I wouldn't mind driving at home.
 
That's one thing good about renting cars on a trip, you get a chance to test drive new models for no extra cost other than whatever it is you're going to pay for a car rental anyway.
 
Another mini winner!

No comments: