Saturday, September 22, 2012

Another Non-American Good Idea


How come I've never seen this on any American-made cars that I've rented or come across?

I'm talking about driver's side mirror with a special section devoted to revealing what's behind and to the left in the blind spot. You know, that small area you can't see unless you turn your head to the left?

Many's the time that I've caught sight of a car just in the nick of time to avoid impinging on its space. If I had a mirror like this on my car, that wouldn't happen and close calls would be avoided. I'm not saying it's a cure-all, but it sure would help.

The car with the split driver's side mirror is a Fiat 500 that I've been renting while visiting in San Diego. I told you about the teeny car about a week ago. In an accident, I'm going to emerge the loser, it's so small and light.

So, better to avoid one in the first place. That's where the special mirror comes in. A good idea.

No comments: