Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A JUMBO Jumbo Egg


The wife and I had to pick up some groceries yesterday after breakfast. We did have to go out for our meal because my son's refrigerator wasn't stocked with stuff I like for my morning repast. So after breakfast at the Los Gatos Cafe in the Nob Hill shopping mall, we walked over to Raley's Supermarket to start our grocery shopping.

We didn't buy a lot there, as we were planning to hit on Lunardi's Market just down the street, where we usually shop for unusual grocery items.

But there were some jumbo eggs on display, so I opened one of the containers to have a look-see. Now, the counter tag said they were jumbo eggs, and they were, but nestled amongst the half-dozen in the back row was one of the largest chicken eggs I've ever seen.

I mean ... just look at it and how to stands head and shoulders above all the rest. Let me tell you, that egg is big. B.I.G. Big! I actually wasn't planning on buying the eggs at Raley's, but y'know what? After seeing that jumbo guy, I just HAD to get the carton.

It's almost a shame to eat the bugger, don'tcha think? I kid you not.

No comments: