Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What? No Pepcid Complete?

I recently ran out of Pepcid Complete. You know, the antacid tablet that works better than any other I’ve tried? Usually I buy two big bottles when I’m at Costco and they last me quite a while.
When I looked for them at Long’s Drugs last week, the counters there were devoid of the product. Yesterday, I finally got to Costco and looked for them there, but there was none to be found at Costco either.
Was there a recall when I wasn’t looking? I had to check it out.
Turns out they were recalled last August because of defective containers (holes were poked in a few bottles when a machine screw stuck out too far). Consequently one of the Johnson & Johnson plants was closed and they couldn’t supply enough for the demand.
The product is due to return to the shelves in March.
Now, ain’t THAT a gas?

2 comments:

R. said...

Haaaate when I can't find a med I need. Unfortunately, a couple of mine have been discontinued. Hope you can hold out til March! ;)

leo811 (twitter) said...

how funny, i follow sfzoo mentions via google reader and i've seen your pinchy pix (cute!), but my mama has had me on the search for pepcid complete lol! now i know why there isn't any! i never bothered to contact them via their site as the product is still active i just figured sf wasn't ordering it lol! ... interesting tho that the target brand of pepcid complete has disappeared too HUMF! got the target brand of the ingredient tho. try that. cheers.