Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Puka Probe

This isn’t going to be one of my better days. I can tell you that right now. Yesterday I started my preparation for a “puka probe” that I’m not looking forward to later today.
Monday was primarily semi-starving myself in the afternoon, no fruits and/or vegetables all day, and no solids after 3 p.m. Soup with noodles was permitted until 6 p.m., then ‘twas nothing but clear liquids (no coffee or tea). Finally, I had two little pills for dinner.
This morning, no breakfast (damn!) and no coffee (double damn!). I had to wake up at 6 a.m. and take two more pills. Then, at 7:30 a.m., I began drinking a half-gallon of water – not just plain water, mind you, but water mixed with PEG-3350 and electrolytes. That’s the killer part. Bleah.
All this is in preparation for the “puka probe” at noon. Everything should be done by 4 p.m. or so, and then I can finally have something to eat.

Afternoon breakfast and coffee, here I come!
*Sigh* … I can hardly wait.

No comments: