Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Red Rock Resort

In early September, before the wife and I flew to Fremont to visit family, I spent a few days in Las Vegas at the Red Rock and Wynn Resorts, taking advantage of free-room and discounted-room offers.

Two nights were spent at the Red Rock, which is located in northwest Las Vegas, in the Summerlin area. It's a bit of a drive west on Charleston from downtown Las Vegas, but the property is beautiful, the rooms are classy, and the restaurants are top-notch.

 
You can tell you're in someplace special as soon as you register. The lobby is beautiful.



Click on the Above Pictures for Larger Views
Then you get to your room and any uncertainties you may have had disappear in a trice. The appointments are first-class, including the bathroom, where a deep tub, separate shower, and small wall-mounted TV set await.

 
The view outside my room was quietly pleasant, lots of green, with bluish mountains in the distance. If you looked hard enough (and with the aid of a telephoto camera lens), you can see the Las Vegas Strip in the distance -- just enough to know it's there, but without all the flash and noise you experience if your room is on the Strip.

 
The resort itself has everything, and in fact, I didn't leave the property once while I was there, until I checked out. If I get another free-room offer, I'll go back.

2 comments:

Hawaii Vegas Connect said...

I've only visited this resort, but I agree, it is beautiful. Very contemporary without the "over-the-top"-ness of Vegas. I'll stay there soon!

Craig Miyamoto said...

Let us know what you think, Cindy!

~ Craig