Tuesday, October 15, 2013

East Bay Wildlife

I've never seen wild turkeys wandering around before. Likewise, I've never seen wild deer close to residences. But during our last trip to Central California's East Bay, we encountered both.

Our first day in Cameron Hills in the City of Fremont, I saw a small flock of turkeys wandering around in one of the park areas. Come to find out, they make an appearance throughout the development.

 
Of course, I didn't have my camera with me (stupid, stupid), so I couldn't get a photograph. Then, every time we drove out of the hills, I never saw them again -- until the last full day we were there. Whew! I thought I'd have to wait until the next time we visited to get a shot.

 
But ... while looking for the turkeys, we saw a buck and doe munching some grass and twigs in one of the grassy areas, so I was able to snap a few shots of them.

Oh, give me a home, where the turkeys do roam, and the deer and the residents play.

2 comments:

casch said...

They are fun to see, aren't they?! We also have wild turkeys around here too! Every time I see them, I act as though I've never seen one before. I get so excited.

Craig Miyamoto said...

They ARE fun, and it's even more exciting when you see them, then don't see them, then don't see them, then don't see them, and figure you won't see them again ... and then, you see them on the last day!

~ Craig