Friday, October 11, 2013

Sonoma-Bodega Adventure 10: Tides Wharf Breakfast

What a pleasant surprise this was! As a guest at the Inn at the Tides, we were given complimentary breakfasts at the Tides Wharf Restaurant.

I’m always a little skeptical of complimentary breakfasts at motels, even though they sometimes feature “hot items” (by this they usually mean toast and waffles and leave out breakfast meats).
 
So we were pleased when they seated us next to a picture window (what a beautiful view) and brought us a special breakfast menu with several choices. Not just a continental breakfast, but eggs and breakfast meat with beverages. All hot, all freshly made.
The wife and I both ordered hash and poached eggs, despite a little trepidation on her part that she hoped "they didn't use hash from the can" (which she dislikes). She needn't have worried, they made it themselves. The hash was delicious. The poached eggs were a smidgen overdone, but there was ample “yolkage” for me.
 
Apple juice and a cuppa java, with a twisted slice of orange and crispy toast rounded out the meal. Just enough to keep me satisfied, tasty enough to sooth my taste buds … now that’s a complimentary breakfast I can enjoy every day.
Having packed our overnight bag and left it in the car trunk before we got to the restaurant, we walked around the wharf for a bit so I could take pictures of my travel monkey, Pinchy, for his blog, "Where is Pinchy Today?" (link in the right column).
Once we were done with that, it was time to head on home to Fremont.
Except that we had one more thing to do before taking that long trek back to the East Bay. I wanted to find Spud Point Crab Company and get some chowder and crab sandwiches to take back with us.
That turned out to be another little adventure in itself, the last one in our wine country excursion, and I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.

No comments: