Friday, October 18, 2013

The Encore Las Vegas

I've stayed at Wynn Las Vegas, a couple of years ago when they sent me a free-room offer with gaming credits before, but I've never stayed at the sister property, The Encore at Wynn Las Vegas. So when I received a discounted-room offer, I piggy-backed a stay there with my stay at the Red Rock Resort in Summerlin. 

And why not? They set me up in an upgraded suite for the price of a regular room at a lower tier hotel; it was quite the bargain.
You get a good feeling as soon as you enter the hotel. The corridor displays are something else:


 
There are beautiful curio arrangements along the walls, butterflies overhead, and beautiful butterfly art in the carpets themselves. 



 
Then, once you get into your suite, if you're not a jaded traveler, it's going to take your breath away. The foyer itself promises good things to come. You then enter the sleeping area with its luxurious bed and bedside lights and window drapes control and a big ol' flat-screen TV set that swivels so you can view programs in the sitting area with its big ol' couch.
 
Nobody can complain about the bathroom. Deep bathtub, a wonderful shower with a great showerhead, And the best-smelling toiletries (lemon citrus soaps and shampoo that you can buy in the gift shop if you are so inclined) that I take with me to use at home.

 
And then at night, if you turn off the lights and open the drapes, the picture window affords a beautiful view of the Las Vegas Strip.

The Encore is connected to The Wynn, and between the two, there's really no reason to go elsewhere. It was excruciatingly hot while I was there, and extreme torture to go outside. So I made a conscious decision to stay in the combined resort until it was time to check out.

Good decision. I played and ate and slept and played and ate and slept.

 

No comments: