Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sonoma-Bodega Adventure 5: Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn

The first thing I usually do when I check into a hotel is take pictures of my room if it’s in any way outstanding. Well, I completely forgot to take photos of the room, and even of the motel itself.

We didn’t check in until ‘way after 4 p.m. because we were having too much fun with our Sonoma friend, relaxing in comfy sofas in the Sebastiani wine-tasting room. Plus, we were much too tired to make a fuss about anything.
I do remember that they had lots of fruit-flavored (I think it was mango) iced tea in the lobby for the taking. The wife didn’t put enough sugar in hers, so she didn’t like it. But I, the consummate tea connoisseur, knew exactly how much to sweeten the tea, and used just the right amount of sweetener. Of course, when she tasted mine, she confiscated it.
The room itself was quite ordinary, and overlooked a big … parking lot, at the other end of which there was a building where the complimentary morning breakfasts are served. If the wife had her way, we’d have partaken of the free breakfast. I, on the other hand, had other plans – the Black Bear Diner across the street.
At any rate, I looked at the layout card in the room and noticed that the hotel had a dog run (in the picture, in the upper right). I thought that was pretty neat, and could see a grassy area in that vicinity from out room. So I went down for a look, expecting something nice.
 
No big deal. The dog run is just a cement path bordered by grass that led to Sonoma Plaza, like a paved and grassy alley. But it did have a doggie-doo plastic bag dispenser at the near end.
And, that’s the highlight of the Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn. Honest!

Tomorrow: The B.R. Cohn Winery.
 

2 comments:

casch said...

I would have expected more. Just me, but I have heard about the Sonoma In. For so long. . .

Craig Miyamoto said...

Well, it wasn't bad at all, just not up to the standards I expect of a hotel room. I forgot to add that they had a fireplace in the room, with one complimentary log per day. We didn't light ours; maybe I should have taken the log with us?

~ Craig