Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Stalking Brussels Sprouts

 
Check this out. It's a big ol' stalk of Brussels sprouts that the wife and I found at Trader Joe's in Fremont, California.

I've seen these before, but never bought them. I think it was at the Trader Joe's in San Jose where we first encountered this unusual veggie stalk. Why we didn't get one, I don't know. Maybe it was because we were leaving the next day? Could be.

Anyway, this time, I bought one, figuring we could cook 'em all up and munch on them over the next few days (hot for dinner, then cold for munchies throughout the day, dipped in a soy and mayonnaise sauce).

It turns out nobody really cares for Brussels sprouts the way I do, and it was impossible for me to eat the buds all by myself. The wife ate some, but those tiny little cabbages, when cut off the stem, were one heck of a pile of veggies. I'd say there were two pounds of the stuff.

Be that as it may, it didn't stop me from enjoying them. I wonder if they're still in the fridge at my son's house. I doubt it. Probably tossed out with the garbage.

But they sure were good eating.

No comments: