Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Club at LAS

Did you know that Hawaiian Airlines first-class passengers have access to The Club at LAS in Terminal D of McCarren International Airport in Las Vegas?

I found this out for the first time when I was able to upgrade my Hawaiian Airlines LAS-HNL seat and the check-in agent told me about it. It’s a nice amenity for those of us who fork out the extra cash to get bumped up.
The club itself is quite unassuming. Instead of going up the double escalators when the shuttle tram drops you off from Terminal 3, you take the single escalator off to the left and it takes you right to the entrance.
 
There’s a snack area where you can get your fill of cookies, fruit, chips and other snacks (I brought home a bunch to give to the wife as omiyage because I’m a cheap guy).
 
And there’s a fully stocked bar with a bartender to fulfill your every order. And it’s complimentary too, which kind of obligates you to leave a tip. But that’s fine.
There’s also one in San Jose (“The Club at SJC”), but Hawaiian doesn’t have an agreement with that one. Consequently, the wife couldn’t experience it when we visited family later that month. Shucks.

2 comments:

casch said...

Aren't those a great amenity! It is especially great for this long lay overs!

Craig Miyamoto said...

I agree. Comfort is everything when one's traveling.

~ Craig