Friday, March 22, 2013

The Usual Gang of Idiots


It's been a while since I've talked about feeding doves in my driveway ... that's because, well, just because. Okay, I admit it, I've been lazy and haven't been feeding them.

But that's not to say they'd forgotten me. Just this week, I had some stale bread that I dried out in the refrigerator (you did know that the refrigerator is the best place to dry things out, didn't you?) so I crumbled it and tossed it in the driveway.

Whoosh! Like a horde of Mongols, the doves swept down on the crumbs. I counted at least 20 of them - the little Zebra Doves, and the larger Spotted Doves. The gang also included a few Mynahs, Red-Vented Bulbuls and Brazilian Cardinals, but they were practicing the swoop-in-grab-and-swoop-off technique, so I missed taking their picture.

This bothers the wife no end. If the birds congregate in the mango tree to the right and poop on her drying clothes, I'll hear no end of it.

No comments: