Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Partridge Bus


I was cleaning out my picture files recently, and came across this one, tucked in the back of my "Wanderings" folder. I think I took it during my August '12 vacation in Las Vegas.
It's a mini-replica of the Patridge Family bus parked in downtown Vegas at the Fremont Street Experience, and it was being used as the backdrop for a band playing '70s music for visitors to Vegas.
The band was dutifully loud, the melodies were hypnotic, and the crowd was appreciative. I wish I knew the name of the band, but alas, I didn't get a picture of their sign.
Maybe they're still there. Maybe you'll get a chance to see the bus when you visit Vegas.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

The bus (or 1 very similar) is still near Fremont Street. We returned from a vacation in Vegas April 3, 2014 and the first thing I did was try to find the owner of the bus. We thought it was in an impound lot at the corner of Carson Ave. & 4th Street just up from Fremont Street but it turned out to be a parking garage. My fiancée would love to add it to his collection of PF memorabilia lol!

Craig Miyamoto said...

How exciting that you and others got to see it!

~ Craig