Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cow Soap … COW Soap?

I did a double-take when I saw this product advertised in Irasshai, the monthly publication of Marukai Market in Hawaii.

What in the world, I thought, is cow soap? And why is Marukai selling it? Does their marketing research show that their customers own cows and need a soap to bathe them? What gives?
Well, it turns out that Cow Soap is a product created and distributed by Cow Brand Soap Kyoshinsha Co., Ltd., a Japanese company founded in 1909. Cow Soap Kyoshinsha has 340 employees, and is headquartered in Osaka. They make and sell beauty soap, cosmetics and glycerin.
According to the company’s historical profile, the “Cow” in their name symbolizes the spirit and posture of a cow, which doesn’t know how to turn back, but instead keeps moving forward tenaciously. A cow is also docile and liked by everybody.
Now that I’m familiar with them, I hope their product mooves well.

No comments: