Thursday, June 23, 2011

Beware the Birds

Yesterday I wrote about the peaceful and serene experience I had the other day at the Byodo-In Temple. Apparently, they want to keep it that way.

Situated conspicuously in a couple of places were these signs. The big one warned visitors not to go too near to peacocks. ‘Cause they’re wild. Parents are exhorted to watch over their children, because apparently (I wonder?) they are more susceptible to attack.
And it’s not just the peacocks either. Check out the smaller red sign below. They added the swans to the warning, reiterating that the birds are wild and are prone to do wild things (especially when they feel their territory is being intruded upon).
Hopefully, however, there are no women brandishing golf clubs at the temple … if you read the Honolulu newspaper or watch the local news, you know what I’m talking about.
"Dangerous" Black Swan?
Thank heavens for camera zoom features. I was able to photograph this beautiful black swan from a safe distance. Not that I’m afraid or anything … y’know.

No comments: