Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ukulele Exhibition

Connected to the Hawaii All-Collectors Show this weekend at the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall was the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii’s Ukulele Exhibition.

Since it was free, I decided to wander inside and take a gander at the beautiful hand-crafted “jumping flea” instruments they had on display.

The guild was showing a rare collection of vintage ukes from the early 1900s created with loving care by pioneer luthiers (makers of stringed instruments) of Hawaii.

Just catching a glimpse of the gorgeous instruments was enough to entice me to take a detour from my monkey safari. They rubber stamped the back of my hand so I could come back into the All-Collectors Show after I’d seen the ukuleles.

What do you think? Beautiful, huh?

(Click on the above picture for a panoramic view)

Now, THAT was an enjoyable detour.

1 comment:

R. said...

Very cool! I like the painted detail on the one third from the top.