Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nursery Plant Sale

Yesterday, the wife and I went to the Oahu Nursery Growers Association’s final plant sale of the year in Thomas Square across from the Neal Blaisdell Center Concert Hall, at the corner of King Street and Ward Avenue near downtown Honolulu.

Plant and flower shows/sales are always a joy to me, because I love taking photos of flora that local residents take time and effort to care for. The natural color, patterns and beauty of plants never fail to amaze.

I took a few dozen photographs of plants/flowers that caught my eye, and thought I’d share a few of them with you:

(Panoramic View of the Plant Sale)

Bonsai Water Lily

Persian Violet

Jewel of Thailand

Dwarf Opium

Terra Cotta

Miniature Pineapple

If you’re interested in the association’s and/or its members’ shows and sales, you can check its website at ongahawaii.com. Check out the “Featured Nursery” pages. I did.

Not doing anything today? Then head on down to Thomas Square. The sale is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today only. Miss today and you’ll have to wait until next year for the entire ONGA group to get together again.

1 comment:

R. said...

I love the Jewel of Thailand! So pretty. :)