Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mental Block … Block

My back hurts today, and it all started last night after I cooked dinner, then came into the office to write a movie review.

As I was sitting here concentrating, trying to keep my brain cells active and alive, the wife came in and interrupted me. I put my hand up, indicating I was finishing a thought and wanted to get it down before I forgot what I was thinking.

Couldn’t have been more than 10 seconds.

Then, I turned around and asked what she wanted. She stood there, staring at me, and then said, “I wanted to tell you something important, but I forgot what,” turned around and walked out of the room.

Maybe 30 seconds later, she burst back in and without any preamble, said: “I wanted to tell you that you forgot to turn off the stove and left it on.” In other words, she forgot what it was she wanted to tell me that I forgot.

The sore back? That happened when I fell off my chair laughing.

1 comment:

casch said...

I think you are picking on Diana, but I can picture the entire scenario! :)