Friday, August 20, 2010

Early Christmas Display

I saw my first Christmas display of the year yesterday, in of all places, a hospital gift shop. Guess it’s never too early to get into the Christmas spirit.

I thought the Christmas trimming and decoration displays I saw at Sears in San Jose were up early last year (the first week in November), but this new one has that beat by a whole season. It’s still summer, and Christmas isn’t until winter, right?

The yuletide stuff is already on sale at the Kuakini Hospital gift shop. And, according to the lady there, they’ve been up for a week already. So tell me, if you have insight or a theory, why would a hospital gift shop put Christmas items up for sale so early?

Let’s see … I saw them on August 19 and if they’ve been up a week, then they’ve been there since August 12.

Holy Toledo! Or should I say, O Holy Night?

1 comment:

R. said...

Nooooooo! Too early! Too early!

No clue why they'd be up so early. All I came up with were morbid theories of people not likely to make it that long celebrating early. Hopefully that's not it.