Sunday, August 1, 2010

All-Collectors Show 2010

If you haven’t been to this year’s edition of the Hawaii All-Collectors Show … you missed it. The show ended yesterday.

It’s always fun to go to these things, especially since I’m on everybody’s mailing list and I get discount coupons every year. If I had planned a little better, a friend of mine would have given me a free ticket.

No matter, it only costs a couple of bucks to get in, plus a couple more for parking if you can’t find a space on the street.

This year, I went with the express intention of trying to add to my monkey figurine collection, so I walked up and down every aisle, stopping at every booth, checking everything out (because one never knows when something one’s looking for is hiding amongst the treasures on display), and talking to some of the booth owners.

Alas, I came away empty handed. There was only one monkey I found, but unfortunately, it was a Japanese netsuke that I already had in my collection.

But I did take a lot of pictures. Here is a small selection … enjoy!

A Big Bunch of Buddhas

Check Out the Chinese Checkers

Yabba Dabba Doo!

Hand-Made Halloween Stuff

Hawaiiana Ephemera

Japanese Kokeshi Dolls Galore

Uku-Pile Ukuleles

‘30s Deco Vases

Put it on your calendar. Be there ... next year!

No comments: