Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Memorable Day

Back in the day, when I was in junior high, my dad (Dr. Robert) started rubbing some lotion from a little bottle on his balding head every morning.

When I asked him about it, he said he’d bought a hair-growing formula that was guaranteed to give him a full head of hair.

Being a cool kid, I just shrugged my shoulders and said, “Cool.”

This went on, day after day – Dad rubbing his head with the lotion, me and my siblings wondering when the hair was going to start sprouting.

Finally, one day, I awoke and stumbled into the bathroom where Dad was brushing his teeth, staring intently into the mirror, with a full head of hair – RED hair!

He burst out laughing and cried out, “April fool!” I nearly busted a gut with laughter myself.

Apparently he had been planning this April fool’s joke on the kids for some time, but when the mail-order wig arrived, they’d sent him a red one instead of black.

No matter … he got me good!

3 comments:

R. said...

Hee! Sounds like a fun dad. :)

Beverly said...

Well, that was indeed funny! Besides, now that I'm over here, I think I'll look around and see what else ya been up too.

casch said...

Now that's a guy I would have liked!