Saturday, April 3, 2010

There’s an App for THAT?

There’s a war going on between Verizon and AT&T over their cell phone applications.
It began with AT&T’s “There’s an App for That” campaign, which was countered by Verizon’s clever “There’s a Map for That” campaign that spoofed the AT&T ads.
Now AT&T is striking back with (in my humble opinion) a lame campaign comparing their services with Verizon’s, claiming their apps (applications) are superior to Verizon’s coverage.
The newspaper comics got into it as well. In Pickles, Earl morphed the “There’s an app for that” claim into one of his own.

Final score (in my humble opinion):
First Place: Pickles
Second Place: Verizon
Third Place: AT&T

3 comments:

R. said...

Haw! I love Pickles, but I often forget to read it. Thanks for sharing these! :)

Beverly said...

I voted the same as you, Craig. *giggle*

casch said...

Loved the comic~ didn't see that, but I don't read it normally.