Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It’s Choc-Choc-Chocolate Today

I think I’ll have some Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate for breakfast. And maybe some chocolate milk instead of coffee.

And then for lunch, I’m going with fruits dipped into a chocolate fondue.

Why? Because I learned yesterday that today’s publication of the European Heart Journal had an article about the health benefits of chocolate – to be specific, they published results of an eight-year German study of 20,000 participants.

The study showed that people who eat one square of chocolate per day (6 grams, or 1/5th of an ounce) reduced their risk of heart attack and stroke by 39%.

Sounds good to me. Maybe I’ll have a slice of devil’s food cake after dinner.

2 comments:

casch said...

ummmm, but isn't that overdoing it just a tad?! No matter, I will join you as I am a chocoholic and so is Loren! I try to resist but lately I've not had the will power!

CHooooooclaaaaaate!

Beverly said...

AND ... don't forget the Chocolate Cheerios! Yummy.