Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sometimes It Pays to be Late

When it came time to make reservations for our Mother's Day gathering this year, I wasn't in town, and so the chore of finding a restaurant that could accommodate us all fell upon my brother-in-law.

Normally he'd pick The Pagoda Floating Restaurant, because he and a few other members of the family feel very comfortable there, despite them knowing that it's probably my least-favorite place to have a buffet meal. And yes, at gatherings such as this, we are locked into buffets.

Thankfully, they were booked for the day. Whew!

So instead, we wound up at Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch & Crab, where the buffet menu wasn't bad and the taste was pretty good. I have no complaints about the Mother's Day outing.

In retrospect, any place would have been satisfactory, as long as it wasn't the Pagoda. The food there is okay, but I'm just so tired of that place and have gone on record (many times) saying so.

No comments: