Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Baby in My Arms


I held the Baby in my arms the day that He was born,
He smiled at me as if He knew the joy in me that morn.
I watched them sing Emmanuel to Baby from the loft,
Filling Heaven’s songs of love, beautiful and soft..

I felt His love within my breast, close to beating heart,
And heard the herald’s trumpets sound, their happiness impart.
A touch upon my shoulder by blessed Mary Mother
Told the presence on this day, of the Baby’s Holy Father.

This Baby, He was born to us, so we might find a world
Of joyful peace and promises, hopes and dreams unfurled.
With tears that sparkled from within, a swelling deep inside,
He filled me with a growing hope, with shining, rising tide.

The Baby slept in my embrace, peaceful slumber eyes,
Dreaming prayers, giving us His wishes in disguise.
A star beamed down upon the Child, illuminating all,
Beckoned royals bearing gifts, responding to its call.

I held the Baby in my arms, He gave me all I need.

I wrote this poem on Dec. 21, 2004, in a moment of Christmas spirit. It lay tucked away in a document file until today, when I was thinking of my new grandson and remembered that I'd written this.

1 comment:

casch said...

I would like your autograph, your writings will surely be famous one day.