Friday, November 1, 2013

Tiny Little Critters

If you've been reading my blog posts, you know that I have this fascination with tiny little critters that can be found in backyards if you just keep your eyes open. Of course, you have to accept that you're going to get thorn scratches and maybe even insect bites.

On an early excursion into the back terrace deck of my son's new home in Fremont, California, I did a mini-teeny safari.

Didn't find a heck of a lot this time, but I did see a leaf hopper on a fence post and a whole bunch of little spiders in the hedges.

The spiders, especially, fascinated me. Their webs were actually like sheets of white on the hedge, with a little funnel leading into the plant where the spiders lay in wait.

All I can say is, that leaf hopper had better not hop around in the hedges, or it's going to end up as spider lunch.

No comments: