Thursday, November 14, 2013

Puns for Educated Minds 1

Have I mentioned that I love puns? Sure I have. They are so clever, and sometimes you have to be a little more educated than usual to catch the point of these groaners.

Here’s the first of a new batch that a friend sent me:
  • The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
  • I thought I saw an eye-doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
  • She was only a whisky-maker, but he loved her still.
  • A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
  • No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
  • A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
  • A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
  • Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie. 
LOL. I’m still cracking up! I’ll have more at a later date. In the meantime, you go ahead and email these to your friends. If they like them, they’re on a par with you. If not, well, that’s their problem, right?

No comments: