Thursday, November 21, 2013

Three Forks

 
We have eaten at a couple of Chinese food restaurants in Fremont, California, including Food Talk Café in the Pacific Commons shopping area. They specialize in Hong Kong and Taiwanese food.

Now, I don't know about you, but I always have difficulty eating with Chinese chopsticks that don't some to a point as do Japanese hashi. I just can't get a good hold on the food, particularly the noodles.

So I always ask for a fork. It's a little less cultured (yes, that's the truth, a throwback to Medieval European days), but hey, I don't want to struggle when I eat.

When the waiter brought our forks, I couldn't help but notice that the styles of all three forks were different (check out the handles). Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. In fact, at least I knew they were a thrifty bunch and didn't throw anything useful away.

There's something good to be said about that, no?

No comments: