Monday, November 18, 2013

Restaurant Waiter Code?

The last time the wife and I were in California, we had breakfast at one of those Original Pancake Houses. I've always had and liked their Eggs Michael at their other locations, so that's what I ordered. The wife had an Apple Crepe.

All was well and good, until we got our bill. It threw me for a loop. I knew what the initials the water had scribbled stood for, but there were no figures to go along with it, so I didn't know how much the bill was.

Oh well, I thought, the cashier will figure it out and tell me. Then I can go back and leave the appropriate tip. So off I went to pay the tab, chuckling to myself in anticipation of watching the cashier (1) refer to the menu and add up the listed prices, or (2) call the waiter over, or (3) do it from memory, or maybe even (4) throw a fit.

She did (5) ... turned the bill over and read the addition on the other side.

Boy, did I feel stupid.

5 comments:

Midlife Kauai Sis said...

Haha, that's a good one! I came across your blog when I searched for "Omni first class Las Vegas" because my mom will be flying first class for the first time in February. I wondered if any seat location is better--hey, gotta make the most of what she's saying is her "last trip"!

Annnyway, thought I'd leave a comment because I write a blog too (less and less these days) and always wish people would stop to comment).

casch said...

Craig, this is too funny! Did you feel very blonde?!

I'm so glad other people have these "blonde" moments!

Carolyn

Craig Miyamoto said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Kauai Sis. Glad I was able to entertain you for a bit. I'm flying on Omni again in a few weeks in the first-class section again. To Vegas, of course. First class is okay on Omni, as is the Premium Class upgrade. Most Hawaii people however, like to save money and get into economy. In first class, I like the middle section because you can get up to go to the bathroom without bothering anybody or having anybody else climb over you.

~ Craig

Craig Miyamoto said...

Carolyn ... I had to look in the mirror to make sure my hair hadn't turned blonde! LOL.

~ Craig

Unknown said...

Nice to Read about restaurant waiter code