Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good News, Bad News

 
Good news, bad news.

The good news is that I hit a moderately satisfactory jackpot on the Megabucks slog machine in Las Vegas, a double-double 7 that won me $960. That nicely offset the other dollars I wasted on slots that trip.

The bad news is that once I won that one, the odds of my winning the big bugger (about $16.5 million) became worse than the 280,000,000 to 1 that they say are the "normal odds." So I stopped playing for the day.

All this is recorded on my Wynn Resort Red Card, but like I said, that's okay, the rest of my losing slot bets will probably cover this win over the course of this past year. So I probably will come out even with the IRS.

It was nice, though. I got to eat "on the house" for several dinners. It's nice to win sometimes.

No comments: