Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It’s So Groovy Now


I have an ear worm. It’s that blasted Target commercial featuring the song by Friend and Lover called “Reach Out in the Darkness.” You know, the one that goes:
“I think it’s so groovy now, that people are finally getting together.”
I’ve always thought that the comma should be after “groovy,” as in “I think it’s so groovy, now that people are finally getting together.” But then that would leave a big ol’ quiet spot at the end of the first line.
So now I’m going around with the song in my head. Not the whole song, because I can never remember the words … just that “groovy” line. I can do a little better on “Yellow Submarine” … I think.
Anyhow, I feel like Jerry Duncan’s dad, Walt. Except instead of a yellow submarine, I probably have a big ol’ groove in my head. By the way, did you know he has a peace sign tattooed on his butt?
Damned ear worm …

No comments: