Friday, August 24, 2012

Free Vegas Offer Postcard

I got this postcard in the mail the other day, offering me a pair of free airline tickets to Las Vegas on “A US Airline), plus a three-day, two-night hotel stay.

All I have to do is call that toll-free number that’s listed on the back of the card and give them the special RSVP code. Apparently, according to the postcard, they’ve been trying to reach me and inform me of this fantabulous offer.
They do stress that this is not a timeshare or land-sale offer – two of the most notorious presentation ploys there are (you’ve seen those ads before, haven’t you?) – which makes me wonder, what exactly are they going to try and sell me?
Well, I tell you what. I’m not going to fall for this. First of all, it’s a bulk-mail offer and I’m not so special. If you look in the upper right corner of the postcard front, you’ll see some white lettering. It’s the name “Donna Scaff” in mirror image, which means the postcard just before mine was sent to her. This ink offset phenomenon happens when something’s mass-printed, then names are applied separately by letter press, and the cards are bundled tightly to be taken to the post office.
Special indeed! Harumph to that.
Hey, if you think you might want to call them and take advantage of their offer, be my guest.

No comments: