Saturday, August 4, 2012

Change is Inevitable

Last week, the wife and I decided to have breakfast at Denny's, Pearlridge Center, where we've had breakfast many a time before.

Usually, it's very busy when we get there and many's the time when we've had to wait for a table.

Not this time. There was no line. Denny's Pearlridge has closed. They actually closed a month and a half ago (why doesn't somebody tell me these things?) and we had no idea. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

I had to laugh at the sign they put up on the door. They misspelled "Waipahu." You know me, I laugh at mistakes like this. I mean, where the hell is Waipuhu anyway?

Okay, so we walk over to Big City Diner up the street and wait for 15 minutes until there's an open table. I guess lots of people went there after discovering that Denny's has closed. Gosh, and I had my heart set on having country-fried steak and grits for breakfast.

Another change: The monorail ride between Uptown and Downtown Pearlridge Center now costs a buck a person, a 100% increase since we were last there. There's no grumble about that, though. I mean, if someone can't spare a dollar, then s/he can just walk, right?

Change, change. Everything changes. How does the saying go? "The only thing that doesn't change is change itself."

No comments: