Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ruby’s Dinette

This is a great place to grab a bite to eat at an airport. I don’t know how many airports they’re at (maybe four or five, I would guess), but I’ve been to the ones at Los Angeles (LAX) and Las Vegas (LAS). The dinettes are the smaller versions of Ruby’s Diner (no relation to Ruby Tuesday, by the way).

If my flight leaves around lunch time, I have one of their delicious burgers. If my flight is in the morning, I have a breakfast burrito.

Model Airplane @ Ruby's Dinette LAX

You might like it too. But I have to remind you that they ARE in airports. So your pocketbook might take a whack. This last trip, I had a breakfast burrito with bacon and a large cup of coffee at the LAX outlet. It cost me $14.

Outrageous? Yeah, I know, I know. But what the hell, you only live once.

2 comments:

R. said...

Thanks for the tip! I've seen these but never stopped.

casch said...

I'm usually running to my next connection, but I'll keep an eye open for it.

It just kills me that airline restaurant/bars ask for ID! I nearly fell off my chair laughing the first time they asked! ME!! It's been a long time since I've seen 21!