Friday, September 17, 2010

Primary Election Sign Tally

I just did my final sign count on the route from my home to Manoa Marketplace, as the primary election is tomorrow.

During my last tally in late July, I counted five signs for mayoral resignee Mufi Hanneman, and one sign each for congressional resignee Neil Abercrombie and current lieutenant governor Duke Aiona.

Things have changed on the eve of the primary. Mufi’s total has been reduced by one. He now has four signs up. Neil’s total hasn’t changed; he’s still got only one. Duke’s total has been reduced, which means that he now has no signs up.

What’s with all that? Why the reductions? And why no increases? Are the people who supported the candidates sick and tired of the negative campaigning? Good thought to ponder, methinks.

Anyway, the “sign-count along my route” method has predicted elections in the past. We’ll just have to see how it goes this time.

No comments: